Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Days 54-55 1/9 - 1/10

Well, Jon and I are sitting in a cafe in Teguc. We're waiting for the truck to get the transmission fixed. We've been here an hour, and we're already tired of surfing the internet. You can only check your Facebook and text messages so many times before you get bored as you wait for music to download.

Yesterday I replaced the Idle Air Control motor in the Durango with what turned out to be an old used part which somebody must have returned. It happens from time to time. Somebody wants a free part, so they buy what they need, replace it, and clean up the old one and return it, getting their money back. So this morning on our way to Tegucigalpa, the truck stalled, so I replaced the "new" IAC motor with the one that I had taken out of thee Durango yesterday. Haha. Apparently God needed 15 extra minutes to prepare Teguc for us.

We're hoping we can get a lot of the grocery shopping done for the month today. We could use your prayer for deals, for good traffic, and for the truck to get done in a timely manner so that we can do these things. You probably won't be reading this in time, but it's still good to get out there I feel.

Prayer requests for myself: That I wouldn't feel discouraged about how soon I'll be coming home. I feel it's so soon, and I love it here. But please pray that I would be after what God wants, and that He would clearly reveal that to me, as opposed to seeking my selfish desires.
In fact, pray that I would look forward to coming home, yet not be discouraged that I still have several weeks remaining here.

Random thought: If I knew how to do accents and such, I might consider doing a blog post in Spanish, or bi-lingual posts. Hmmmm....

Thank you guys for ALL of your support: prayerful, financial, and just being there to read/see what's going on in my life and what God is doing in aand through me. It's weird to think that you have this insight to what's going on as I'm here, so chances are when I come home you'll hear stories I've already told.

Love you guys. Miss you all much. May the Lord smile upon you this perfect day which He has created.

No comments:

Post a Comment