Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Day 68 1/22

Wow. Three weeks from tomorrow, Monday, I will be arriving back in Chicago. The more startling facts are that I will only have three more classes with the young adults, three more guitar classes, three more soccer practices, three more Thursday mornings with the kids from the orphanage, three more children's church services, and three more soccer games. It's scary, really. But comforting as well.

I feel confident in my return to the States. I'm looking forward to hopefully ministering to people I haven't intentionally made more time for in the past. I look toward the things that the Lord is working in my heart. I don't know what my life will look like when I get back. I don't have a job lined up, and yes, it's sometimes unnerving, but the overwhelming reality is that it's all under control. I know I can trust my God to provide the things I need. I am excited and nervous for the new challenges I will face. The sacrifices I want to make, even most Christians would think I'm crazy. Ha, I think I'm crazy. I just hope I'm not afraid to make those changes. I need prayer in that. But Jon brought something to my attention today: "I don't think it's likely you'll ever say 'I wish I didn't give so much to Jesus.'" Thanks Jon, for the laugh, and for the encouragement.

Our game yesterday was, well, it was horrible. The team we played was the team we beat in the first half of the season. But this time they beat us. The boys let one goal go in the first half. That's not bad, but the second half they let six more go. Jon (in the flesh) wanted to call it quits for the season, and just try to have a fresh start next season. But the reality of it is, God has the boys in our lives for a reason. Many reasons, but we believe that one of those reasons is "Don't give up on these boys I have given you." Everyone else rights them off. They probably don't get attention at home. They certainly don't get disciplined. That's obvious. But this Wednesday at practice, we're going to try something new. Please pray for us to persevere and be strong in this decision.

Also, something worth praising the Lord: I've been learning and having desire to learn worship songs. Please pray for further desire in such things, and pray that I would have the patience and perseverence to learn to play and sing at the same time. It's so hard to play a worship song with people around when you can't even sing it while you play it. Lol.

Love you all. Thank you so much for all of your support. I can't wait to see you.

No comments:

Post a Comment