Saturday, December 3, 2011

Biggest Mistake of My Life (Day 1)

I've made the biggest mistake of my entire life.

That is exactly what I've been thinking for the past 10 minutes. Jon and I just got to the ranch and I've gotten my things situated for the night. I'm not ready for this. I don't know why I'm here. ...I'm in Honduras. Freaking Honduras. A country most American's couldn't point out on a map, (myself included in the beginning of the year). And I'm here for 90 days. What have I gotten myself into? I hardly speak the language. I get quiet when I'm nervous or uncomfortable. 90  days. All I know is at this point, it has to be God, or 1, I wouldn't be here, and 2, I'm screwed without Him.

Leading up to this trip, I've been very ill-prepared. I haven't regularly read my bible in... probably months. I haven't been praying regularly in like manner. I've been a total wreck. And I've been looking forward to this opportunity to get away from my job, learn some Spanish, help some kids, and Seek God. But now that I'm here I'm like a dog who caught a firetruck and has no clue what to do with it.


Highlights of the day:
1. Checking my bags 3#'s over weight and the guy telling me I can tip him what I feel is fair for
saving me $100.
2. Being in air traffic trying to pass another plane headed for Miami for 10-15 minutes.
3. Meeting the awesome Belize Team: Jeremiah and Brittney Peters (newly married earlier this year, congrats!), Anthony Gomez, Tony Ghironzy, Akeem Darnell Gonzales, Rachel Rozzi, and Ray. Also got to meet Brooke and Wayne Goranson, Mare's parents, who surprised her last week by showing up at the ranch unexpectedly.

No comments:

Post a Comment