Saturday, December 3, 2011

Day 2

Today wasn't as bad as last night seemed. And I know that's how it'll be while I'm here.
There will be times when it seems to be dragging on, and the only place I'll want to be is
somewhere far from here, and there'll be times where I'll see that this is right where I
want to be.

This morning after breakfast I helped Mare with dishes. Once we finished with that it was
time for some work. Road construction. Jon, Oscar and myself hopped in the Durango and
headed down the road a mile or two where we started picking up rocks ("dulce" as Oscar
would call them. He apparently worked with rocks at one point, and he and his co-workers
would refer to the rocks as candy, or "dulce") and loading them into the truck. We brought
them about halfway back to the ranch where we unloaded them into some giant potholes which
the recent (and uncommon) rains have left. (It's actually raining right as I write this,
and normally it would be totally dry this time of year.) We proceeded to repeat the
procedure once more, and then we covered the rocks with the mud/dirt/clay mixture which
are the roads here.

When we returned to the ranch Jon and I hung up the boys soccer uniforms on the clothesline
to dry while we waited for lunch to get done. Beef, rice, and salad. Oh I must tell you
it tasted sooooo good. Mare's cooking is amazing. And it's really healthy too. After lunch,
it was time for a siesta. The morning work made Jon and I tired, so we slept for an hour,
and then proceeded to start taking care of getting uniforms ready for the soccer game on
Saturday. Jon also had me make out a spreadsheet for the team including the boys birthdays,
ages, ID  number (basicly a Social Security number), and a couple other things. The league
they are part of is pretty strict. The ages are only for 10-13 I believe. Definitely only up
to 13, though.

Dinner was salmon sandwiches (like tuna sandwiches, only salmon instead, uber yummy), and
some slices of tomato. Desert consisted of a brownie and banana ice cream. Frozen bananas
pureed. That's it.

Well, that's all for tonight. See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment