Saturday, December 3, 2011

The Lord's Day (Day 5)

Sunday. The Lord's day. :)

After breakfast we had a time of worship with Jon playing guitar. It was awesome. :)
"Our God is Greater"
"Hosanna"
"Surrender"

After our worship time we had a bible study through Psalm 143. It amazes me at how much
Tabi and Naomi know about the King of kings. They each wanted to sing a praise song for
Jesus after the study. It was really adorable.

Today for the English speaking service in Teguc we were celebrating Thanksgiving. Know what
that means? Potluck! Lol. Pastor John gave a sermon showing what he was thankful for. God's
faithfulness, His love, and His gift. Really, everything the He has done for us. It was
really a blessing.

During the potluck we got to meet lots of people, including a deaf Honduran girl named
Jenny. She couldn't speak, but she could sign, however, it was Honduran sign, which is
basicly a mixture of ASL and Mexican Sign Language. So not everything could be understood
between Jon, Mare and Jenny. Although I have to say, that was the most fascinating
conversation I've ever seen, because they were able to communicate some things. I really
have a heart for this girl, and am sure I will be praying much for her, because there isn't
a huge ministry serving her needs.

People I met: Harland, a man and his family who are from the states and about to move back
around May. They tried moving back in 2003, but they ended up here once again, so only
the Lord knows if they'll be back again. Haha.
Fernando, don't know much about him, but may be seeing him again this week.
Pastor John, only for a moment.
Cathy Carryon, a sweet American woman who was curious as to my story, and what intrigued
me. I really wish I had more time to get to know her. Very kind older woman.
Sumaya. Haha. This lady is awesome. Born and raised in Teguc, she once went to the US
Embassy in Madison, WI. The man there asked her how long she had been in the states "I
just got here" she replied. She said he looked like he was going to hit her for lying to
him because her English was so precise. He asked once again, with the same answer, before
concluding, "You must have gone to a good school." "Yup," she answered. Haha. She knows
I believe five languages. Very intelligent, and very funny woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment