Saturday, December 3, 2011

Day 3

Note to self: Do not look for spiders when going to bed. You will find them, and they will
be huge. Let's not even discuss "Are they poisonous?" because, frankly, the less I know,
the less I'm concerned. Either way, I don't want to wake up and find myself snuggling with
one. I'm not necessarily afraid of spiders, but I'm not exactly happy to see them. And when
they're encroaching on my direct vicinity, they need to go.

Anyway, this morning after breakfast Jon and I took the Ranch bus into Ojojona (rather, we
tried, but there was a construction crew putting some pipe in the road) to pick up the kids
for the first day of resuming classes. I can only hope to remember their names, because
often times when I meet people the first time, I recognize their clothes before their face.
I had a wonderful time watching the kids playing around on the bus together, being able to
understand some of what they say. I feel I'm catching on quickly listening to the Spanish.
However speaking is a whole 'nother matter. I was very quiet most of the day with the kids,
but they had fun talking to me nonetheless.

We went over the rules with them, and Jon did a devotional and tied the rules into
Galatians 6:7-8. Until this "class year", the rules were never really discussed, and there
were basicly unwritten rules of conduct, but nothing solid. The kids were pretty receptive
and we did an excercise so that the kids could get an idea as to why we are doing this.

Jon dropped off the kids and I took care of a couple more things and rested a little before
he came back for a quick lunch. After that, it was back toward Ojojona to pick up the boys
for soccer practice. Oscar came by togive us a hand, seeing as he is the assistant coach
for the boys. They ran. We strecthed. We ran. Did some drills. We went over the new rules
with them before unveiling to the boys their new home jerseys! We then watched part of a
movie about the 2006 World Cup and the teams involved. After that we did some more drills
before Jon brought them home. I tore down the setup from the movie, and from the classes
while he was gone. I also helped Tabi and Naomi set the table for dinner and talked with
Mare a little bit regarding the background I came from.

Jon got home and we packed up the bus for the soccer game tomorrow. Ate dinner after that
and played a little guitar once the post-dinner chores were done.

Well, tomorrow's gonna be an early one. Waking up at about 5-5:30 so we can eat at 6, and
head to Ojojona by 6:30 so we can make it to town before we get stuck by road construction.
Oh, and by the way, here, when the city does road construction, you can't get by for an
hour or more. Just remember how blessed you are in the US that you are still able to get to
your destination when there is construction going on!

No comments:

Post a Comment